I must be doing something right because I’ve had three amazing blogs nominate me for the Honest Scrap and Beautiful Blogger Awards!
Basically each award asks me to share random facts about myself. In the case of HonestScrap, 10 facts and with Beautiful Blogger Award, 7 facts (of which I was nominated twice), so that’s 24 random bits of information. Some are serious, some are not so serious.
24 Random Facts
- 1. I was smoking a pack of cigarettes a day while my oldest son was living with his bio-father (I wasn’t handling it very well). I quit cold turkey the day I found out I was pregnant with the baby at 3 1/2wks gestation.
- 2. I had a whirlwind relationship with Keith. Met at work. Had one fateful night. Moved in about 3 weeks later. Became pregnant with the baby 2 1/2 months after that! Been almost two years and still going strong. Fate!
- 3. I have a tendency to be very cluttered however I LOVE the “idea” of being super organized. Perhaps because organized people use cute folders and containers.
- 4. I love cookbooks but rarely (if ever) use a recipe. I usually come up with my own.
- 5. I don’t know who I am most of the time. I went from being raised in a very physically/emotionally abusive household to a VERY abusive partner (Daniel’s bio-father) to being a single working mom for 6 years to being a SAHM to two boys. It’s confusing sometimes.
- 6. Even though I find no issue MAKING friends and I can be very social, I have hardly any friends locally. Part of it is the majority sort of “dumped” me when I became pregnant with DS2 and part of it (for making new friends) is that it’s hard to find mommy friends that I can get along with.
- 7. I haven’t spoken to or had any contact with my mother since December. Life is a lot more peaceful because of that.
- 8. I am VERY intelligent. No seriously. I also get told often that I am “well-spoken”. Even MORE often I am told “you are good with your words”. I’ve also had people become irate with me, “just because you use and understand big words just makes me confused”. Sweet.
- 9. I can not stand chocolate or most “sweet” or “snack” foods. For desserts I like only vanilla ice cream and apple pie.
- 10. I struggle with being nocturnal and insomnia. I have the worst time turning off my “thoughts” if you will, long enough to sleep.
- 11. I am highly judgmental when it comes to other blogs. CAPTCHA makes me scream. Partial RSS feeds make me angry and unsubscribe.
- 12. I tend to go above and beyond for people (especially online). I have to be careful that I’m not taken advantage of sometimes.
- 13. I really do not like peanut butter.
- 14. I am somehow unable to grasp the idea of a “playdate”.
- 15. I am completely self-taught when it comes to photography, CSS, XHTML, design, etc. I find it very easy and it “clicks” in my head.
- 16. I have one tattoo. It’s “Imagine” surrounded by stars on the back of my neck. I can’t remember the last time I saw it lol. I want more, just not sure of what! I also have my tongue pierced.
- 17. I tend to have an addictive personality. I have to be very careful around alcohol.
- 18. Deep down I would love to be the typical 50′s housewife. However I just barely manage to feed/entertain/keep the kids clean on a daily basis, much less anything else.
- 19. I really REALLY want an Ergo or Mei Tai. Baby is getting too big for his Moby (it will sag) and I can only do so much with the ring sling. I want to be able to do a back carry so I can be more productive when outside.
- 20. I have very strong convictions in how we parent. Breastfeeding until child self-weans, baby-led eating, no vaccinations, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, babywearing, unschooling, etc.
- 21. I love to read. I just never have the time to do so or I have problems finding a series to pick up. I wouldn’t mind book suggestions that’s for sure.
- 22. I really would love to have 1,000 RSS subscribers and 1,000 twitter followers this year. I like the idea that I am connecting with a lot of people.
- 23. If we could afford to, we would most likely pick up and travel the US or get a home in the country.
- 24. I long for perfect suburbia grass however our yard is COVERED in confederate violets.
The awards also want me to pass them on to other bloggers so I would love it if YOU also did this on your blog! I seem to be totally unable to just select a few people.