Oh yes. I did it. I bought a doughnut pan. I even went as far as to make these… HEALTHY.
93 Calories PER doughnut WITH a real sugar hardcore awesome glaze.
Let’s look at these again…
Now, I’m not one to go towards the baked goods, generally I just want to eat tons of cheese, however these baked pumpkin doughnuts are so worth it!
Glorious pumpkin, fragrant cinnamon, the delicate perfume of vanilla… love it!
This is considered a cake doughnut and I was able to make 18 doughnuts out of the batter. However I can’t say how long they last because my family demolished them in less than 24 hours. As always, they are best hot and fresh out of the oven like all baked goods are!
Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts with Vanilla Bean Cinnamon Glaze
Yield 18 Doughnuts
- 2 C of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt (only salt I use)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp to 3/4 tsp of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 C light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 C sugar substitute, I use Stevia in the Raw
- 1 C pure canned pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 2 TBSP milk, I use 2%
- 1/4 C of butter or butter substitute. I use I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Light.
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
The Ingredients For The Hardcore Awesome Glaze
- 1/4 C powdered sugar
- 1 TBSP milk
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- 1/4 tsp – 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl (I used our KitchenAid mixer) cream the sugars, butter, and pumpkin puree until just combined.
- Add in the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- Now add in the dry ingredients, flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until all of the dry ingredients are incorporated into the wet. Don’t over mix because tough doughnuts aren’t AWESOME!
- Spray your doughnut pan with olive oil or cooking spray.
- This is the fun part. Get all of that batter into a quart sized plastic bag and try to get some of the air out. Snip off a small corner and carefully pipe the batter into the pan. Basically you’re piping a circle. Do not pipe in TOO much (hence the snipping of a SMALL corner of the bag) because they do puff up.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- While the tasty doughnuts are baking, mix all of the glaze ingredients into a bowl. Bam. Glaze is ready.
- When your timer goes off, get the doughnuts onto a wire rack. Wipe the pan with cloth or paper towel and re-spray with oil of choice and get the next batch into the oven.
- Dip the TOPS of the doughnuts into the glaze and let cool (or shovel into your mouth) on a wire rack.
Did you make Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts with Vanilla Bean Cinnamon Glaze ?
Try this recipe out and let me know your results!
What are some other varieties of doughnuts would be fun to make at home? Let me know in the comments below!