I started seeing this palette on a handful of beauty blogs and knew I needed it in my life!

Bronzes and golds… a dark purple liner shade? Um. Yes. YES. YESSSSSSS! The case itself is GORGEOUS especially in the light. I can honestly say I am in crazy love with the Clarins Splendours Summer Colour Quartet and Liner Eye Palette!

clarins-splendors-summer-eye-shadow-palette-cover

clarins-splendors-summer-eye-shadow-palette-case-closed

clarins-splendors-summer-eye-shadow-palette-light

Seriously, I tilted it so the sun hit it and… absolutely stunning. I love how they designed everything. The case, the embossing on the shadows themselves, it’s all done very well.

The Colors (starting from upper left going clockwise)

• bronzey gold
  • pale champagne
  • pink gold
  • dark brown
  • dark purple liner

clarins-splendors-summer-eye-shadow-palette-closeup

Again I have to mention the attention to detail here with the embossing. Gorgeous.

clarins-splendors-summer-eye-shadow-palette-swatches

With the exception of the dark brown shade, all are very pigmented and soft. The dark brown shade although still soft, is VERY sheer when dry. I did not test these wet but I think that would help. The brushes are actually useful! There’s the standard round sponge applicator then a pointed tip sponge applicator with an angled brush on the other end.

clarins-splendors-summer-eye swatch

close up of my eye

4df7f23cd79811e2bee422000a9f14ea_7

I LOVE this palette. It’s going to work well not only for Summer but Autumn as well and I feel like it really makes my eyes pop.

Also… yes. I really am this pale.

Price: $42
Where to Buy: clarinsusa.com | nordstrom | macy’s

posted on June 21st 2013 at 2:49AM CST

Very pretty! The colors are very rich and I agree – it looks great for summer and it will definitely transition well into cooler weather too.

posted on June 21st 2013 at 11:54PM CST

Thank you!

Samantha
posted on June 21st 2013 at 8:57AM CST

Gorgeous! I’d buy that for the case alone! And for the bronzey gold, which is a beautiful shade!

posted on June 21st 2013 at 11:55PM CST

I seriously didn’t touch it for two weeks because it’s just THAT pretty lol!

Amanda
posted on June 21st 2013 at 9:09AM CST

Those colors really do make your eyes pop! And the fact that its versatile and can be a feature palette for multiple seasons makes it an awesome buy!

posted on June 21st 2013 at 11:55PM CST

Thank you! I love palettes that can go for multiple seasons, seems like a better buy financially.

posted on June 24th 2013 at 3:46PM CST

This definitely makes your eyes all scintillating and groovy! This palette is beautiful. I wish all makeup brands put in this kind of effort! Stunning.

posted on June 25th 2013 at 2:24AM CST

Thank you! Oh I agree, the level to detail just makes me want to buy more of the Clarins products, especially their LE stuff.

posted on June 24th 2013 at 4:22PM CST

OOO you got this one! It’s so gorgeous! Too bad to hear the dark brown is sheer though! I guess I’ll have to swatch it before I make up my mind!

posted on June 25th 2013 at 2:25AM CST

LOVE IT! The dark brown is better applied with a sponge tip applicator rather than a brush and then again if I want to use a brush, I have to apply it wet, aside from that? It’s one of my favorite palettes hands down.

posted on June 25th 2013 at 8:43AM CST

Man. Clarins does such a great job with their packaging (and the contents are great, too). I am digging that bronzey gold shade.

posted on July 8th 2013 at 2:57AM CST

I’ve worn this palette so much recently. I’m seriously considering buying another one as a backup lol!

posted on July 3rd 2013 at 1:29AM CST

Oh my! This one is soooo pretty!!! I am such a sucker for packaging & Clarins did well with this one :) Love the embossing on the eyeshadows too.. A pity the dark brown is not up to par with the others, but the shades look great and they suit you very well!

posted on July 8th 2013 at 2:57AM CST

It’s SO lovely! I’ve found that with the dark brown shade, REALLY packing it on the brush or using the brush wet, helps tremendously.

posted on July 12th 2013 at 2:06AM CST