This is my FIRST MyGlam bag and granted these are my initial impressions (haven’t had time to USE any of the products yet) but overall I’m very pleased!

Each month for $10 you get a custom made makeup bag (so each month the bag itself is different) and a selection of beauty products.

This is what I got this month:

• sheer cover – duo concealer
  • wen hair care – sweet almond mint cleansing conditioner
  • freeman – cucumber facial peel-off masque
  • thebalm cosmetics – eyeshadow – shady lady
  • makeup bag – nature design

I am REALLY happy to see that the majority of the products are full-sized. The only thing that isn’t full size is the Wen Cleansing Conditioner but even then I think 2oz is a really decent size. You also get coupon codes for EACH product ranging from a special kits to a percentage off your order with those companies.

I also LOVE the bag, I think it’s really cute, a good size, and I love anything and everything that has a nature inspired design on it.

Overall the only products I’m a bit iffy about are the concealer and facial mask. I’m very picky when it comes to facial care and worry that the mask isn’t a good fit for my super dry occasionally sensitive skin. When it comes to the concealer, I believe it’s a mineral based brand? So I may try that on my dark circles, see how it goes.

Do you have any experience with any of these products or with MyGlam? By all means, share!

posted on January 13th 2012 at 10:26PM CST

I use Sheer Cover concealer and powder and I love it. If there’s a better concealer out there, by all means fill me in because dark undereye circles a huge problem for me.

posted on January 13th 2012 at 10:57PM CST

ok, excited then because I have awful deep dark circles!

posted on January 13th 2012 at 10:37PM CST

*ahem* My name is Kristi. I just joined MyGlam. lol

posted on January 13th 2012 at 10:58PM CST

LOL!!! I’m excited about February’s bag already because… I’m hoping it’ll be pink LOL!

posted on January 13th 2012 at 11:00PM CST

I’m dying to receive my bag! How long did it take for you to receive yours when you signed up? I’m going on a trip next month and I want new makeup! lol

posted on January 13th 2012 at 11:02PM CST

They mail them out on the 10th of the month!

posted on January 13th 2012 at 11:06PM CST

Great. So I’ll have to wait until next month’s shipment? :(

posted on January 13th 2012 at 11:15PM CST

I believe so, yes.

posted on January 13th 2012 at 11:19PM CST

Boo! Oh well, I’ll survive. lol Thanks for sharing though. Can’t wait to receive my makeup goodies. We’ll have to text each other when we get our stuff and gush over all the cuteness! lol I’ll stop filling up your comments now. Good night! :)

Ivy
posted on January 14th 2012 at 2:47PM CST

A lot of people doesn’t seem too happy with the January bags compared to the December’s because the products weren’t as great. However, I think it’s pretty good. I mean, for $10, you’re getting way more products that is worth the money. I haven’t heard of some of those brands in January’s bag, but I am excited to check them out as soon as mine comes.

posted on January 14th 2012 at 3:42PM CST

I saw via their website what was in December’s bag and I have to say, I think this bag was much better because the products are all full size except the Wen and even then, it’s a really good trial size (far bigger than a “deluxe sample”.

Ivy
posted on January 14th 2012 at 3:46PM CST

I am looking forward to all the products, especially either the nail polish or eyeshadow and the concealer. The concealer is something I need that I have yet to purchase. I don’t have a lot of makeup, but MyGlam is a good subscription for me to subscribe to to build my makeup collection and to get an idea of what different brands are like. :)

I’m content and happy to have the subscription. Both bags seem pretty good. I’m not going to complain. :)