Isn’t that title a mouthful? Yes, it’s the January test tube and I’m posting in February because I was a bit shy to do more beauty posts when a person said to me, “ugh, you’ve turned into a beauty blog”.
Anyway! The Test Tube is new to me. There is the one through New Beauty Magazine and then an off-shoot which is through QVC. I chose the QVC version because it contains more makeup products where as the New Beauty one is more advanced skin care.
It’s $30 every 3 months and you get the tube in January, April, August, and October. The products you receive I would consider them deluxe samples and full size products. There are NO teeny samples or vials at all and you get a LOT of product! You also get an issue of their huge magazine. They include a huge booklet that talks about each product, it’s purpose, how to use it, all that good stuff.
So here’s what I got!
- 0.39-fl oz full-sized Mally Volumizing Mascara
- 0.003-oz full-sized tarte emphasEYES Aqua Gel Eyeliner in Green
- 0.5-oz Kate Somerville ExfoliKate
- 0.5-oz Ole Henriksen Truth Serum
- 2.0-oz Nick Chavez Yucca Root Shampooing Cream
- 1.0-oz philosophy field of flowers perfumed shampoo, shower gel, and bubble bath
- 1.0-oz philosophy field of flowers perfumed body lotion
- 2.0-oz Calista Tools Achieve 10 Styling Cream
- 2.0-oz First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream
I haven’t tried:
- the mascara because I want to use up what I’m using now before opening a new one
- the shampooing cream because of my purple hair, I need to be careful what products I use
- the styling cream, only because I haven’t had to style my hair LOL
- the exfoliation product, because I use my Clarisonic
I have tried:
- the eyeliner is interesting, it is a pretty color, but it’s a gel consistency and the tip broke off right away so I’m probably not going to use it again
- the shower gel and lotion I LOVE, it’s like Spring in a bottle!
- my husband used the Ultra Repair Cream and said it helped his skin a good amount (as his job requires him to brave the crazy Chicago weather)
- my husband used the truth serum (as I’m using Clinique’s Turnaround Serum right now), but hasn’t used it long enough to notice any changes
Overall, I’m simply thrilled with the Test Tube and can’t WAIT for April’s already!