Ahh a fancy creation thanks to an awesome sunset and my iPhone.
It is so very difficult to do any personal blogging lately. Mainly because there’s so much I want to talk about but it’s stuff I really don’t feel like sharing with a handful of other people that turned out to be toxic and that I have zero contact with but apparently are still REALLY interested in my life. Whew. Run on sentence there.
Also, I feel guilty posting about my latest beauty purchases. I know normal people probably don’t buy that much or experiment that much with their cosmetics but… I like it. However, I’m not strictly a beauty blog either and I don’t want to have JUST those types of posts. Not gonna lie, I have six beauty posts just waiting to be published.
I also have been avoiding writing about blogging because I feel like I come across a bit judgy and condescending. Not my intention but my brain is a bit straight forward when it comes to such things.
I don’t want to just do a ton of password protected posts… so I just don’t post. I also don’t want a new secret blog either. So. Meh.
Anyway, not sure if anyone remembers that my health has been all sorts of fucked up since last November? I’ve seen so many doctors and specialists and at the core of it, it’s my genetics and unresolved stress. Yep! I’m “healthy”. I’m not pre-diabetic, I don’t have high cholesterol. I’m ever so slightly anemic but not enough to need an iron supplement.
One of the specialists said there’s not much I can do about it. He said I can basically eat no more than 1200 calories and no carb for the foreseeable future, or go a surgical route. Because it’s not me over eating or binge eating (hard to do on 1500-1700 calories a day anyway) but my body flat out refuses to accept change. 95% of my beverage intake is water, the remaining 5% are Pumpkin Spice Americano’s, loose leaf green tea, loose leaf white tea, and very VERY rarely a Coke Zero (no more than twice a month if even that much).
Neither of those options are right for me so I will just stick with counting calories and hoping something changes.
Also, nothing like each and every doctor asking if I have any specific stressors in my life and all I can do is laugh. Uh… yeah?
I’m still dealing with the aftermath of my oldest son being tortured and bullied at his elementary school. I’m dealing with my estranged twin sister saying hurtful lies about me (to what end, I have no idea, I AVOID that hot mess). Dealing with my health problems, migraines, and sudden weight gain (while counting calories no less). Not to mention my typical anxiety issue that popped up after I had my youngest son and insomnia.
At the very least the kids and my husband are healthy and doing well.
We’re also starting our homeschooling year with both boys. Tristan turns four next month and he wants to do everything Danny does, so I figure just… teach them both!
Hmm what else… I’ve finally gotten back to cooking dinner every night and menu planning. For most of this year just the thought of DINNER was overwhelming, now that it’s September and getting closer to Autumn (my SEASON YO!!!) I’m feeling a bit more like myself.
I’m also wanting to re-connect with my spirituality. I’ve really put it on the back burner for the past few years and I miss feeling connected.
Lastly, just a “shout out” if you will to my super ultimate best friend forever, Mary. I don’t know what I’d do without her.
So what have y’all been up to lately?
This post is over a year old which means the content may be outdated or no longer accurate.