Recipe: Orange Beef with Noodles
Crossposted at: Talking Snack.
This was not too orange flavored thankfully and just over all very tasty!
- 2 cups cooked somen noodles
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked sliced steak or beef roast
- 1 1/2 bell peppers, sliced
- 2 small onions, sliced
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup sliced scallions (green onion)
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot or cornstarch
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
Toss all of the sauce ingredients into a bowl until well blended. In a skillet cook the bell peppers, onions, and snow peas until slightly tender, add the beef and sauce mixture. Cook until sauce is thickened, toss in the noodles until well coated, serve with another sprinkle of scallions. Makes six 1 cup servings or 3 large servings. For those on weight watchers, each 1 cup serving is 7 points (probably due to the amount of meat but I needed to use it all up).
This post is over a year old which means the content may be outdated or no longer accurate.