Trying to Become Organized
I’ve mentioned on twitter a few times on how I struggle with a routine and being organized. So today I am full of listy goodness.
Last night I stayed up all night… again… and:
- created a chore chart for Daniel
- created a menu plan
Daniel has chores that we expect him to do daily, such as taking out the trash/recycling, loading/unloading the dryer and dishwasher, etc. However he ALWAYS put up a fight, talked back, mouthed off, and such. So we are hoping that having something VISUAL will help him improve his behavior.
I also created a menu plan and grocery list for dinners for the week. I even wrote down the AMOUNT of each product I would need! I will be making the following this week:
- Sun – Spaghetti w/Turkey Meatballs and Salad
- Mon – Tacos
- Tues – Avgolemono Soup with Greek Salad
- Wed – Chicken Thigh Chili with Cornbread Muffins
- Thurs – Homemade Chicken Nuggets w/Homemade Ranch, Roasted Potatoes, Salad
- Fri – Stuffed Peppers w/brown rice, Salad
- Sat – Italian Sausage Pumpkin Lasagna
I also wrote it down in my notebook and added it all to my Google Calender which syncs to my iPhone.
So in light of my new found desire to form a routine and such, today will be hectic. Grocery shopping, oil change, maybe even go to the dollar store for cheapy craft supplies for the kids (Tristan LOVES to color).
Do you have a chore chart or anything similar for your children? Do you menu plan? I want to hear all about it!
This post is over a year old which means the content may be outdated or no longer accurate.