Sitting hurts but I know I have to do it, not to mention I’m having to chase my son around since well… who else is going to do it? So I haven’t really had any rest or pain relief, I am too scared to take my pain killers because what if my son needs me and I’m all drugged up?
Hmm, trying to think of hospital “highlights”
- one of the ER doctors was utterly convinced I was doing cocaine
- my roommate never ever turned off the damn tv or lights even when the nurses would get on her case, she would just turn everything back on
- I did not eat any food and very limited water for around 87 hours before the surgery and really haven’t eaten much after it
- in the operating room, they didn’t do the dramatic “now here is the anesthesia, count to 10” instead the last thing that happened was putting on the oxygen mask and hearing the song on the radio, Everytime by Britney Spears
- I don’t remember too much from the recovery period except I was screeching “NINE NINE NINE” aka the “pain” level I was having on a scale from 1-10, I’m told it’s like the seagulls in finding nemo
- hollaring for “HAND HAND” whenever my sister or her boyfriend would drop my hand
- wishing that my mp3 player had soothing music instead of perky loud music, not conductive to shutting out the tv and roommate’s very loud snoring
I can’t remember much more lol have to love that morphine!
I am so grateful for the phone calls and comments and just EVERYTHING from everyone, it really helped me a lot.
This post is over a year old which means the content may be outdated or no longer accurate.