flower1

flower2

flower3

flower4

flower5

flower6

My boyfriend Keith bought me these flowers to give me something to photograph as it’s just too cold to take the baby outside.

I would appreciate your thoughts, comments, even respond with a photo of a flower!

posted on January 8th 2010 at 2:33PM CST

You’ve got some nice shots here! The last two are my favorites.

Lynda
posted on January 8th 2010 at 2:51PM CST

Very lovely! I’m curious why you don’t post your EXIF information on Flickr though.

What lens did you use?

I really like the softness of that last photo!
.-= {shared blog entry – Fun with Aperture, Shutter Speed and Metering} =-.

posted on January 8th 2010 at 2:56PM CST

@Cheryl, thank you!

@Lynda I would love to, the only reason is that the data doesn’t SAVE if I copy the photo. See I create the round edge, the paste the photo onto a new image with the background color I use on OSN (lol does that make sense?) the EXIF doesn’t transfer with the image. I suppose I would have to go back and manually enter it all in from the original?

I used my 50mm and my 105mm lenses, ISO 400. Natural light from the bedroom window.

TheFeministBreeder
posted on January 8th 2010 at 3:30PM CST

You and that camera are a match made in heaven. That is some really, really beautiful stuff right there.
.-= {shared blog entry – Mean Girls Grow up to be Mean Women} =-.

posted on January 8th 2010 at 3:44PM CST

Aww thank you SO MUCH!!!

posted on January 8th 2010 at 3:48PM CST

Whoa those last two are stunning. Daisies are my favorite too. :)
.-= {shared blog entry – Resolutions} =-.

posted on January 8th 2010 at 3:52PM CST

Lovely! Here’s mine (which is totally different): http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=37944647

Anna
posted on January 8th 2010 at 3:55PM CST

You can’t just add a layer below the photo and fill it with the background color? That way you wouldn’t have to lose your EXIF data.

This is my fave gerber daisy shot: http://www.flickr.com/photos/antigone/532518067/

I love them, they are one of my favorite flowers because they look soo… HAPPY!
.-= {shared blog entry – And The Lame Excuse of the Year Award Goes To:} =-.

Melodie
posted on January 8th 2010 at 4:15PM CST

Those colours are to die for! The last two especially deserve a frame and wall space!

posted on January 8th 2010 at 4:44PM CST

@Lisa Marie thank you so much!

@Tasha your photo is lovely!

@Anna I guess because I had been doing it the overly complicated way forever lol. I will have to re-train myself to do it the easy way!

I love your photo, you’re right, they are just happy flowers!

@Melodie we are thinking of redoing the bathroom and having pink/bright pink be the accent color and you are so right, those would make awesome prints and really work well with the “new/eventual” bathroom color scheme!

Damita
posted on January 9th 2010 at 8:45AM CST

Aw so pretty, really well done :)
.-= {shared blog entry – Scottyland} =-.

Christina
posted on January 11th 2010 at 8:30AM CST

Those are some beautiful shots. I really love the color. There is a really nice subtle vintage feel in the photographs. I could see some of those as beautiful prints to hang on a wall.

Kristi
posted on January 13th 2010 at 10:19PM CST

Gorgeous. That about sums it up! Oh, and I love the Twilight books in the background. :)

posted on January 14th 2010 at 6:01PM CST

Thank you so much! LOL I can totally tell who the Twilight fans are!