I thought I’d try to quit drinking diet pop cold turkey so that’s been… interesting and painful to say the least. It’s also partly why I’ve been a bit silent online recently, because my sleep is totally jacked up (yep, nocturnal… again) and then cutting out my glorious Coke Zero… ugh.

Anyway, I’ll be posting soon on the various goods I got in a major haul a couple weeks ago.

3311c188edd111e2a58e22000aa801d9_7

I also really want to do another post about WordPress or Blogging or Design in general but… no idea what anyone wants to learn? Suggestions can be left in the comments!

share this post

Subscribe to my posts via email

You can also follow me on BlogLovin or Feedly
posted on July 31st 2013 at 4:53AM CST

Whoaaa what a haul!!! I’ve been eyeing the new UD lipsticks, but I’m not sure I need any more new lipsticks LOL Can’t wait to try the Chanel cream blushes though!

posted on August 11th 2013 at 4:57PM CST

The Chanel cream blushes… amazing. I got the lightest shade just because I’m so very fair but I still want to try the other shades.

jennifer
posted on July 31st 2013 at 1:00PM CST

How would a beginner not so computer savy start her own blog/website? What would be the best option to start with? Would you use wordpress? Is it user friendly? I would like to start a blog and maybe turn it into a website down the road. Just wanted a place to show my photography and maybe someday have a little side business. I keep thinking about it but haven’t taken the plunge and feel like I might not be smart enough to figure it out but where o’ where do you start????

Thanks.

posted on August 11th 2013 at 5:03PM CST

I would highly recommend WordPress as it is very intuitive and user friendly. You could start with their hosted version at WordPress.com before going the self-hosted route.

posted on July 31st 2013 at 6:24PM CST

Keep hanging in there with the soda ban. It’s tough but you’re strong and being healthier is WORTH IT. The chemicals in those things are terrible for the body.

If you’re really stuck for a blog topic, I’d be curious to know how you made the circle images. I thought you said you did it all with code, which amazes me. Did you layer the images and put a masking image (white square with transparent circle cutout) on top of your regular graphic?

posted on August 1st 2013 at 12:51PM CST

Never mind — I just realized that you’re using border-radius to get the rounding. I didn’t realize you could use that property to make a circle! You’re so clever.

posted on August 11th 2013 at 5:03PM CST

It looks so complicated but the code is so simple!

posted on August 1st 2013 at 6:05PM CST

That is a haul I can get behind! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on those goodies. Good luck with your diet soda droppage. It’s so hard when you’re naturally nocturnal in a normal world, amiright?!? If I could work 11-7, life would really work for me!

posted on August 11th 2013 at 5:04PM CST

I am SO TIRED. Plus it’s hard to drink plain water with Mexican food or Italian food. It just doesn’t have the same… awesomeness.

posted on August 11th 2013 at 6:14PM CST

I absolutely know what you mean! My kryptonite is root beer and there are some foods that there’s just no point eating without it!

posted on August 8th 2013 at 12:23PM CST

Ohh can’t wait love practically all of those products you listed! Would love tips on how you do all this crazy pretty stuff, like the graphics for the date, your comment form and pretty cursive with stars graphics etc. etc. etc.

xo

posted on August 11th 2013 at 5:04PM CST

I’ll have to make a tutorial soon for the code!

posted on August 10th 2013 at 2:46PM CST

I know I’m a bit late but I wanted to tell you I really like your new layout. I’m sorry I cannot comment on makeup and such, I use almost none. On the pop, I quit a while ago and it was the best decision ever. It was easy for me because I really like iced water and unsweetened iced tea or fresh lemonade barely sweetened with honey or coconut sugar. On the rare occasion I do have a pop, I almost always regret it. Hope you figure something out to replace it. Blessings!

posted on August 11th 2013 at 5:05PM CST

Thank you! Ahh the pop thing… I’m on day 17 now and it’s not HARD exactly but… annoying. I drink 95% water and the other 5% being coffee or white / green loose leaf tea (plain).

I’m not noticing, aside from being way more tired, any benefits yet.

Leave a Reply

Thank you for commenting! Comments are moderated according to my comment policy.