Recipe: Maple Sugar Cookies
December 18th 2010 2 minutes to read
My husband and older son thought they were amazing! The little one tried to sneak off with them so I think he liked them too!
- 3 C all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 1/2 C light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 C good quality REAL maple syrup
Cookie Topping Ingredients
- 1/2 C good quality REAL maple syrup
- White sanding sugar (decorative sugar crystals)
- Stir the flour and salt in a bowl.
- Cream the butter, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar in a separate bowl until pale and fluffy. Add your egg yolk and maple syrup.
- Add in your flour mixture and mix until combined. Shape into two disks and keep the fridge for about 2 hours to rest.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. My oven is evil so I did 350 degrees.
- Roll out one disk of dough and using whatever awesome cookie cutter you have, cut out as many cookies as possible and place on a baking sheet that’s lined with parchment paper, about 1 inch apart. Re-roll scraps and repeat until you have no room on the baking sheet.
- Bake 15-17 minutes until edges are golden. Let cool for about 5 minutes and then brush with the maple syrup and sprinkle with the sanding sugar.
It’s a very pretty cookie overall and a different take on the more standard sugar cookie!
This post is over a year old which means the content may be outdated or no longer accurate.
I LOVE that you said “whatever awesome cookie cutter you have.” It makes the recipe very you. Can’t wait to try these.
LOL thank you! I did a snowflake because… I just bought those cutters so I HAD to use them!
They sure do look good!
Those are gorgeous!!
I’m going to have to go through and write down all the recipes you post. You make me hungry! lol.
LOL thank you! Anything to do with baking is for my family, NOT for me. So I rely on them and all of you who try the baking recipes to tell me if they suck or not lol.