My husband and older son thought they were amazing! The little one tried to sneak off with them so I think he liked them too!
- 3 C all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 1/2 C light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 C good quality REAL maple syrup
Cookie Topping Ingredients
- 1/2 C good quality REAL maple syrup
- White sanding sugar (decorative sugar crystals)
- Stir the flour and salt in a bowl.
- Cream the butter, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar in a separate bowl until pale and fluffy. Add your egg yolk and maple syrup.
- Add in your flour mixture and mix until combined. Shape into two disks and keep the fridge for about 2 hours to rest.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. My oven is evil so I did 350 degrees.
- Roll out one disk of dough and using whatever awesome cookie cutter you have, cut out as many cookies as possible and place on a baking sheet that’s lined with parchment paper, about 1 inch apart. Re-roll scraps and repeat until you have no room on the baking sheet.
- Bake 15-17 minutes until edges are golden. Let cool for about 5 minutes and then brush with the maple syrup and sprinkle with the sanding sugar.
It’s a very pretty cookie overall and a different take on the more standard sugar cookie!