Such a soft and tasty cookie! My family LOVES these and as long as you have room-temperature butter on the counter, they are SUPER fast to make.
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 TBSP granulated sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. My oven sucks and is like 40 years old so I did 375 degrees.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, and freshly grated nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, cream the sugar and butter until pale and fluffy. I use a hand-mixer because I am not fancy enough to afford a Kitchen Aid stand mixer. Add your eggs and vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
- Now carefully mix in your flour mixture. Start at a low speed and work to the highest speed so you don’t get flour all over the kitchen or on yourself!
- In a small bowl, mix up the cinnamon sugar mixture, this is to roll the dough in for tasty goodness.
- I used a 1 1/2 inch ice cream scoop so I had even cookies (mostly even!) or you can just make about 20 balls. So grab some dough, shape into a ball, and roll around in the cinnamon sugar mixture until its totally coated.
- Space about 3-4 inches apart on a parchment paper (LOVE PARCHMENT PAPER OMG) lined cookie tray.
- Bake 14-16 minutes, until the edges are golden. Let cool for about 5 min on the tray and then move to wire racks to finish cooling.
I normally make a double batch because they go so fast, they make awesome gifts, and I make my husband share them at work! I actually plan on mailing a container of these out to a friend tomorrow (if I can summon up the courage to deal with the post office), so hopefully they ship well.
Are you baking lately? Share your recipes!
This post is over a year old which means the content may be outdated or no longer accurate.