Such a soft and tasty cookie! My family LOVES these and as long as you have room-temperature butter on the counter, they are SUPER fast to make.
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 TBSP granulated sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. My oven sucks and is like 40 years old so I did 375 degrees.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, and freshly grated nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, cream the sugar and butter until pale and fluffy. I use a hand-mixer because I am not fancy enough to afford a Kitchen Aid stand mixer. Add your eggs and vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
- Now carefully mix in your flour mixture. Start at a low speed and work to the highest speed so you don’t get flour all over the kitchen or on yourself!
- In a small bowl, mix up the cinnamon sugar mixture, this is to roll the dough in for tasty goodness.
- I used a 1 1/2 inch ice cream scoop so I had even cookies (mostly even!) or you can just make about 20 balls. So grab some dough, shape into a ball, and roll around in the cinnamon sugar mixture until its totally coated.
- Space about 3-4 inches apart on a parchment paper (LOVE PARCHMENT PAPER OMG) lined cookie tray.
- Bake 14-16 minutes, until the edges are golden. Let cool for about 5 min on the tray and then move to wire racks to finish cooling.
I normally make a double batch because they go so fast, they make awesome gifts, and I make my husband share them at work! I actually plan on mailing a container of these out to a friend tomorrow (if I can summon up the courage to deal with the post office), so hopefully they ship well.
Are you baking lately? Share your recipes!
This post is over a year old which means the content may be outdated or no longer accurate.
My stand mixer is from a garage sale. I’m thinking of building a shrine around it, if I can build one that will stand up to vibration and flour.
I’m asking Santa to put parchment paper in my stocking for Yule, to mix a few holiday metaphors.
HAHAHA love it!
Nom nom! My absolute favorite cookie of all time! I can not wait to try your recipe!
Thank you! All of my husband’s co-workers apparently loved them too!
These are my favorite cookies too! I’ll have to try your recipe this weekend. Ours are always gone same day. =D
Oh yes, they didn’t last 24 hours!
I love snickerdoodles. They’re my favourite cookie. However, no matter what recipe I try they never taste like my grandma’s. I’ll have to try your recipe.
Have you asked your grandmother for her recipe?
Yes she is actually mailing it to me but mail takes so long to go overseas plus my grandma has to remember first haha!!
omg looks and sounds so yummy. I’m going to have to make some with my mum + gran next week :) We’ll be making all sorts of cookies so why not throw these into the mix!
It’s SOOO easy to make. I am going to make more tomorrow actually!
I made this Saturday and they were a total hit at the big gay birthday bash I took them to :P
YAY I am so glad! It really is such a simple cookie to make isn’t it!
OMG. If I didn’t love you before (which I did) I ADORE you now! My all.time.favorite cookie!!! I will definitely make many this weekend and not share them with anyone! (okay, I will) Thanks for the recipe and the drool-worthy pictures!
It’s SOOOOO simple. I’ve really found that the vanilla and touch of nutmeg make all the difference from the typical recipes and such.
I recall making these in my middle school home economics class. :)
I baked some last night and they are almost all gone!! I might make yet ANOTHER batch tonight lol
I made these last night!! Finally. I was craving them since you posted the recipe, and they were delicious. I didn’t have the paper though which definitely would have helped with burning the bottom. Oh well! Still tasty.
I’m new to the parchment paper actually and LOVE THE STUFF OMG. I don’t have to clean my cookie sheets when I bake (all four of them lol) and nothing sticks!!
I still need to do sugar cookie cutouts… maybe tomorrow *later today ugh* so that they have time to cool and I can figure out frosting lol.