Today I am twenty-nine years old.

It will be the second birthday in a row where my twin sister has decided to not spend it with me.

I don’t expect much will happen. Most likely little to no contact from my parents, maybe a few “Happy Birthday!” via facebook and twitter, and I think the only person that will visit will be my friend Jenn.

I have no plans for the day, hoping for good weather though so perhaps we can go for an Autumn drive or maybe go to the Chicago Botanic Garden or Morton Arboretum.

I still can’t believe all that has happened in the past year, hell the past two years actually. My entire world has changed, for the better, and I am grateful for it every single day.

I have a wonderful family with an amazing fiance and our sons.

I’ve lost twenty pounds since July. I’ve met fabulous people online. I can only hope this next year, my last year in my twenties, is amazing.

Catie
posted on October 17th 2010 at 12:50AM CST

Happy birthday! (again. :D) I hope this year is fantastic for you. :)

posted on October 17th 2010 at 12:53AM CST

Holy crap you are FAST lol!!! Thank you so much!

posted on October 17th 2010 at 12:54AM CST

Happy Happy Birthday !!! here is a song for you because you rock lady!!!

{{{{{{hugs}}}}}

posted on October 17th 2010 at 12:56AM CST

THANK YOU! I SO loved that song when I watched it on Glee last week!!!

Melodie
posted on October 17th 2010 at 12:58AM CST

Happy Birthday Sarah. 29 I will always remember as the year I got pregnant although I didn’t find that out until the day of my 30th birthday. However I was stoked because I always wanted to be pregnant in my 20’s. So I hope your year is amazing. I guess it will be the year you get married hey? Wish wisely and wonderfully so they all come true!

posted on October 17th 2010 at 1:01AM CST

Thank you! Oh geez, MARRIED! It will most likely happen next month as this month has the birthdays and December is too “holidayish” and busy lol.

I NEVER could have imagined when I was 18 or even 27 that I would be sitting here, in my OWNED house, with TWO children and engaged. INSANE to me!

Amanda
posted on October 17th 2010 at 1:06AM CST

Happy birthday! I hope it’s great spending it with Danny, Keith, and Tristan. Those guys all love you more than can be explained.

posted on October 17th 2010 at 1:38AM CST

Thank you so much! I think we might go to the Botanic Garden if the weather works out for us!

Emily
posted on October 17th 2010 at 1:21AM CST

You rock! Never will forget your kindness to me when you taught me some website design related stuff. :-) Hope you have a great birthday!

Damita
posted on October 17th 2010 at 6:31AM CST

Happy Birthday!!! wow your birthday is one day before mine :) October babies rock!

posted on October 17th 2010 at 7:54AM CST

Happy Birthday and lots of wishes for your special day!!! You’re a wonderful person, Sarah and it’s a shame that your sister has to be such a wanker and doesn’t see what a lovely sister she has. Her loss! But, you – you have a sweet fiance, and two absolutely adorable children and you deserve every happiness they can bring!
Have a lovely, sunshiny day!!!
xo

posted on October 17th 2010 at 8:39AM CST

Happy Birthday! I love reading about you and your beautiful family and I feel lucky to call you an (internet) friend. I hope 29 is your best year yet!

Kat
posted on October 17th 2010 at 10:15AM CST

I’m coming out of lurkdom here to wish you a happy birthday, Sarah! I’ve been stalking your blog for about a month or so now, and I really enjoy reading everything you’ve written.

Anyways, I hope you have an awesome time being 29!!! Have a wonderful time today :)

Lisa at Practically Intuitive
posted on October 17th 2010 at 10:23AM CST

Happy 29th birthday, Sarah. Wishing you love and many blessings for the coming year.

– Lisa

Kristen
posted on October 17th 2010 at 10:51AM CST

A very happy birthday to you!

Lauren @ Hobo Mama
posted on October 17th 2010 at 12:46PM CST

Happy happy birthday, Sarah, and many more! It sounds like it’s been a great year, despite outside family drama. I hope you have a joyous day celebrating.

posted on October 17th 2010 at 2:11PM CST

Happy birthday, Sarah! I’m sure the next year will be great for you. Have a wonderful day!

Amy
posted on October 17th 2010 at 2:51PM CST

Happy birthday! Enjoy your day with your lovely family.

posted on October 18th 2010 at 5:27AM CST

Happy Birthday (slightly belated) – it is wonderful to hear all the positives going on. may all those blessings and many more besides, fill this next year d x

Caity
posted on October 20th 2010 at 3:10PM CST

Happy Belated Birthday. I’m sorry that your twin didn’t want to celebrate with you. She doesn’t know what she’s missing.

I am glad that you are so happy with your life right now. I hope you continue to feel this way and you have another great year.

posted on October 20th 2010 at 9:30PM CST

Thank you! It was hard. Even my brother and father ignored my birthday.