Sephora VIB Sale Haul
Sephora had its annual 20% sale (generally once around the holidays and again in late spring) so I made good use of that discount!
I always love reading beauty haul blog posts or watching YouTube videos of hauls (a bit of a guilty pleasure that I can watch in front of my kids that’s appropriate for the boys to hear / see rather than my Sons of Anarchy or Sleepy Hollow obsessions). I am not super fond of the word “haul” but… I think my purchases qualify.
Sephora VIB Sale Haul
in no particular order
- Clinique All About Eyes Rich
- Murad Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture (trying a new brand of moisturizer!)
- Ole Henriksen Pure Truth™ Vitamin C Youth Activating Oil (took back to the store, made my super dry skin… super oily which only got worse as the day progressed. By hour 10 it was just slick. Very odd, never had this issue with other facial oils.)
- Clarisonic Replacement Brush Head
- Fresh Skin Superstars
- Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15
- Hourglass N° 28 Lip Treatment Oil
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder – Diffused Light
- NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil – Train Bleu
- NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil – Bahama
- NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil – Cruella
- Formula X For Sephora Transformers Top Coats – Hyperactive
- Formula X For Sephora Sparklers – Made For You
- Formula X For Sephora Lusters – Asteroid
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Magic Marc’er Precision Pen – Blacquer
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Lightshow Luminizing Powder
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Lovemarc – Lip Gel – Saboteur
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Lovemarc – Lip Gel – Little Pretty
- Marc Jacobs Fragrance Daisy Hot Pink Edition
- Too Faced A Few of My Favorite Things Palette
- Laura Mercier Artist’s Palette for Eyes 2
- LORAC Unzipped Palette
- Kat Von D Saint Perfume (on sale in the store for $15!)
- Kat Von D Sinner Perfume (on sale in the store for $15!)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz – Brunette (not shown in photo)
in no particular order
- First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream
- Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm – Maraschiano
- Clinique Happy Perfume Mini
- Coach Poppy Perfume Mini
And lastly all the samples I got in the various bags.
Right now I’m basically trying to find my HG (holy grail) serum. I want something that actually gets rid of dark spots / pigmentation (I’m very pale so the rare times I break out, it leaves a pink pigmentation spot) and helps even skin tone, hydrates without being slick, refines texture, and is basically awesome. A lot I know!
I’ve tried the Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector (multiple bottles) with no change. I’ve tried the Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins™ Mega-Bright serum, no change (and again multiple bottles).
I would love to get any recommendations because I’m at a loss when it comes to serums apparently.
Anyway, there you go, my epic haul of awesomeness!
This post is over a year old which means the content may be outdated or no longer accurate.
ZOMG SO MUCH STUFF!! :D Bring the toast cause I am so jelly!
LOL you’re awesome!
I love haul posts, too! This one was epic! There are so many items you picked up that I can’t wait to hear what you think of, esp. the Hourglass N° 28 Lip Treatment Oil. I also got the TF Favorite Things palette. I originally didn’t think I would get it but after seeing it in-store, there was no way I was leaving without it! So many amazing shadows. I sincerely feel good when I sweep on Cream Colored Ponies. I want someone to ask me what I’m wearing when I have it on, lol! ;)
Everything I’ve read / watched about the Hourglass Lip Oil is that it’s better used as a treatment rather than a balm, so I’m going to start using it at night before bed at first and go from there.
LOL I didn’t think I would get the Favorite Things palette either until I saw it in the store! Then I was pretty much “sigh, damn” and put it in my basket.
Oy! Got so excited about Cream Colored Ponies, I forgot to mention that I’m on the same hunt for a dark spot corrector that works, too! I just started using Clarins Vital Light serum about a week and a half ago. If I see any actual changes, I will let you know! Keep me posted if you find anything! I have the same problem with zits always leaving a spot, even when I baby them and leave them alone.
YES please let me know, it drives me crazy because aside from being dry, I actually have really good skin. I only break out on my chin and even then only… you know… THAT TIME. But it always leaves a mark which just frustrates me to no end.
I had no luck with the clinique dark spot corrector, but the yes to grapefruit serum worked pretty well on some residual sun damage/dark skin patches on my forehead that were left over from pregnancy. I’m more light/medium than fair, so don’t know if that makes a difference. (This is the serum.
Ohhh I will have to try that out!
Woah girl that is an impressive haul!!! I am obsessed with the Clinique Chubby Sticks and that maraschiano color looks hot for the holidays!
I love them! I haven’t worn this new one yet (haven’t really gone anywhere but the dentist / doctor lol) but I absolutely love the formula in general.
Hey Sarah, this IS epic! I don’t think I’ve ever bought so much of anything in one go! I have the Hourglass primer and I like it. I hope you’ll like it, too!
I sadly admit that this isn’t my most expensive haul. This was over 5 days (and yes, 5 visits to various Sephora’s!). I had one purchase done in ONE day for $800. Mostly skincare but still, just as painful lol!
Holy guacamole! What a haul! Definitely epic and I’m jelly right here. That Lorac Unzipped is looking fab and I’ve heard so many good things about their Pro palette. I was so tempted the other week to pick the Hourglass lipgloss but decided not in the end. I think this season I’ve spent way too much on makeup and I’m trying to control myself haha.
Hmm I know about the feeling with pigmentation or dark spots because I went through this – a very bad breakout that left me dark spots that were very hard to get rid off. I actually did a review on a product that did the job for me, perhaps it’s something you might want to look into. This is the cream I used http://sweetjellybean.com/2013/04/06/skin-lab-c-plus-brightening-cream-review/ and also used this Vitamin C Serum http://sweetjellybean.com/2013/04/25/ost-pure-vitamin-c-20-serum/
I would also look into Alpha-H beauty products
Donah @ SJB
The Pro palette is AWESOME. I absolutely love mine!
I’m going to check out your posts right now.