Quick Update on Life
October 9th 2013 2 minutes to read
In the ever so popular list format!
- My birthday is in 8 days. I’m dreading it. Last year I was totally ignored and spent the whole day crying.
- I have to renew my driver’s license before then. They want me to take the written and vision tests again. I hate tests.
- I can’t remember the last time I shot any photos. Spring maybe? Just haven’t had the urge. Hopefully with it being Autumn my creative side will kick in again.
- I’m seriously considering just… not blogging anymore. I’ve been doing it for over 12 1/2 years (OSN itself will be 12 next month). I have nothing of value to share. I’m not a “writer” and I’ve never been able to do the “mommy blogging” thing very well. We shall see.
- On that note, I am no longer comfortable talking about my kids really or home life in general just due to my estranged family and other individuals that find me creepily fascinating.
- Suffice it to say, my kids are doing really awesome. Homeschooling is great!
- I’m still harvesting tomatoes which is wonderful!
- Struggling lately with how lonely I am, in terms of friends. As in… lack of them. I miss having a call-even-if-it’s-2am-to-talk person. Hell just a person I could even trust would be super great. I miss my Mary (my best friend who moved to Florida).
- This list is a bit negative isn’t it?
- Loving my Bath and Body Works candles lately! Especially the massive 3-wick size.
- I have an addiction to the newest Urban Decay Revolution Lipsticks. I currently own 7 of them (not including mini sizes).
- Really thrilled that winter squash are back in season. I absolutely love acorn squash hardcore!
- Every year it’s the same, I just can’t get over how quickly it gets dark now! Sunset starts at 6:20p these days.
- I’m absolutely obsessed with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. All the cameos and just AHH everything. LOVE IT SO MUCH. And tonight is only the 3rd episode! Also all about Sleepy Hollow right now, too!
- I also, after just one episode, totally adore Witches of East End. I haven’t read the book series but so far the show is great.
- There is a very high possibility that I will have the iPhone 5s by my birthday. That has me thrilled. 64bit OS people!!!
This post is over a year old which means the content may be outdated or no longer accurate.
I’m sorry you are feeling down lately. I think you are a wonderful writer, even if you don’t consider yourself one. And hello you can’t leave cause who else will talk me into buy beauty supplies??
LOL my love of sparkly stuff must continue right!
This may not be an awesome reply but it’s a reply! I know I don’t “chat” with you much but please please please know you have people out here who respect you, enjoy your blog, and would love to have coffee with you if you weren’t ……..wherever you are!! <3
That means a lot to me!
Aww, I’m sorry you’re feeling down and like you’ll leave the blogging world. say… keep your blog, and only write when it appeals to you. Don’t feel pressured to post something every day. I get overwhelmed when bloggers do that, actually. I’m glad the homeschooling is going well, though!
Thank you, yeah I just can’t be an every day post type of person. My brain doesn’t work that way!
I understand that it’s hard not having friends around — I can relate because I only have family here; all of my friends live other places. But remember that you have friends online! Even if we don’t see you in person, we still like you and care about you.
You may think you have nothing of value to share, but I’m sure you do. You know so much about photography and the web! And you know about homeschooling. And you’re Pagan. And I’m sure there are plenty of other things you know that interest people. Maybe take a break for a bit and come back to it when you’re ready?
Good luck with the driving test. Fingers crossed for you. And I hope you have an amazing birthday. :-)
I am SOOOOO relieved that renewing my license turned out to be quick and simple and I flew through the written exam!
It’s hard for me when it comes to online friendships, I feel… odd? Bad? Conflicted? On relying on them. Part of it is just due to a couple of friendships I had for years that turned out… poorly to say the least. Another part is it seems like once I work for someone, they only see me as that person and I only get contacted for work from then on!
I love the winter squash and pumpkin as well. I was so excited over the weekend when I found butternut squash ravioli at Trader Joe’s. I also liked the Witches of East End, I read a little kindle freebie which was an introduction to the series than I read the first book. I liked it there is another book and a prequel which I plan to read in the future. The tv show followed the book fairly close. I hope you’re feeling better and have a great Birthday!!!
Witches of East End sort of reminds me of a more grown up Charmed (one of my ultimate favorite shows)!
I hope you’ll continue blogging whenever you feel like you have something to share because I do look forward to your posts, both beauty and non-beauty related! Your talent for photography is incredible; several of your shots that I’ve seen are worthy of being sold for good money! I am sorry about your loneliness lately, but I’m sure you will find a new true friend soon. Life always works in ebbs and flows, so hopefully the tide of positive things are coming your way, doll!
Thank you so much, that means a lot to me!!!
I’m so glad the homeschooling is going well! The autumn Bath and Body Works candles are amazing! In my Experience birthdays suck in general! I’m sure you DH and the kids will find a way to make it memorable. As for the blogging, don’t give it up unless you truly get no joy out of it! Don’t let others destroy something you love.
Almost have one of my Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin 3-wick candles totally used up. I’ll probably use the Spiced Cider one next.
Ahh I take things so personally, a huge character flaw of mine. It sucks!
I hope your birthday went well! I kind of loathe my birthday, but I would be sad if it passed and no one acknowledged it. Happy 12th blogiversary, too!
That said, this is the first time I’ve landed on your blog, but it’s nice to see honest feelings, even if they aren’t happy-go-lucky ones. I struggle with writing about how I’m truly feeling (and suffering from depression), because I think my readers (and family) just don’t want to hear it. But, I always find it refreshing to see someone else admit when they’re down. I hope things start looking up for you and you find new inspiration soon. ♥