Recipe: Pumpkin Chili
This is a really filling, affordable, delicious meal! The leftovers can be used in so many ways (if you have any leftover!) so it’s also versatile!
- 2 medium bell peppers, chopped
- 3 small onions, chopped
- 3 medium stalks of celery , chopped
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 15 oz canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz canned black beans
- 28 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 29 oz canned tomato sauce
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Avocado tossed with kosher salt and lime juice
- Corn tortillas baked in the oven until crispy
- 2% Shredded sharp cheddar
- Light sour cream
- Chopped cilantro
- Diced red onion
In a large pot on high heat, add your celery, bell pepper, onion, garlic, ground cumin, chili powder, kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Cook until the vegetables are softened, approx five minutes.
Then add everything else except for the cilantro. Add more kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to season the new additions. Simmer on a medium heat for around twenty minutes, stirring often. Add your cilantro, and simmer for another five minutes. Then it’s ready to serve!
Each serving is 1cup and this makes 11 servings. For those doing WeightWatchers, it’s 2pts per serving. If you omit the garnish of shredded cheese, this dish is also vegan! Hope you all enjoy!
This post is over a year old which means the content may be outdated or no longer accurate.