Well as you can see here (if you regularly visit) I have yet again, done a complete redesign of OSN (if reading via RSS please check it out!), I’ve sort of called this design “Watercolor” for what I hope, are obvious reasons.
I mainly wanted something a bit less boxy in appearance with brighter coloring. I’ve also changed/moved/added some things as well!
I recently registered with Google Voice and got my number which is (520) 344-0537. I chose a Tucson area code for nostalgia purposes really, who cares if I live in Illinois now! So you can use that number to contact me if you so choose.
For kicks I got my boyfriend to join twitter, you can follow him @banditrun1, eventually I want to get him into blogging too, but as it is, he’s unsure of what to do with twitter.
If you notice any issues please let me know, via the comments or all the other ways to get ahold of me.
A list of changes with this redesign:
- new photo page that displays all of my flickr photos (thumbnails) in order from most to least recent
- recent comments area on the sidebar, currently displaying three
- changed the twitter display to show one tweet only, also added a permalink to the tweet itself
- on all entries added a TweetMeme button so y’all can retweet the entry URL, only wish the coloring was customizable
- on the snippet entries, changed the location of the comment link, it’s now beside the title
- in the header, displaying the amount of twitter followers and RSS subscribers
- added a 1px dotted border around the avatars on the comments page
- slightly updated the about page with personal details and a contact form
- added more links
Onto other things, I am only 5 1/2 weeks away from my due date. It’s so weird to think about really. I’m curious if he will be early, on time, or late. My twin sister was just shy of a week late with her daughter and my oldest was born via c-section due to being a footling transverse breech. I’m trying to stay positive that my VBAC will be successful! We’ve decided to name this little one Tristan Skye Vincent. Part of me feels weird that at this current time, I won’t be sharing a last name with either of my sons (the plural still freaks me out!). I wish that my oldest didn’t have the last name that he does via his biological father. Hopefully I can fix that soon!
We are so very excited, this year we will be homeschooling my oldest son for the 2nd grade. Due to the awful experiences with public school (since day one of kindergarten actually), combined with my son’s learning style, we’ve found this to be the best choice. As it is, he seems happier, more eager to learn, and actually wants to write now! We are leaning towards doing a slightly structured approach, I did look into unschooling, but it didn’t fit what we are wanting to do. I would appreciate any support, suggestions, website links, blogs, etc!
Well I suppose that’s it for now, hopefully this will help me curb my redesign OSN constantly urge! One can only hope right?
This post is over a year old which means the content may be outdated or no longer accurate.